The Pennant Studio Services team has expansive knowledge and experience with Technical Publications – from concise printed handbooks to Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM), the core skill of our experienced technical illustrator and authoring team can convert complex source data into User Handbooks, Operation & Maintenance Manuals, Parts Catalogues and training courseware.
With over 50 years’ experience and progressive technical development in the field, we are confident that our offer is comprehensive, professional, and competitive. Pennant has a global presence in sectors such as Defence, Aerospace, Rail, Automotive, IT and Communications, Power Generation, Utilities, Nuclear and many more, working with multiple respected companies including British Gas, BAE Systems, EDF, Air Bus, Ministry of Defence, Virgin and Network Rail.
Pennant can extend the global reach of your product, technical manual, or training package by recreating it in different languages for different markets. This process is known as localisation. To localise your product, technical manuals, or training package we both translate the text and make any changes necessary to take account of local conditions and expectations. In the case of 3D training we can provide voice-overs by different native speakers. The result is to offer different language versions of your product, technical manual or training package that will read or sound as though it was written or spoken by native speakers.
We can support your translation requirements as follows:
- At Pennant we currently work with overseas partners and assist in their translation process with our native speaker translation and proofreading expertise and our industry specific knowledge.
- We supply one-off translations or translate documents as part of a larger technical writing or training package project.
- We are expanding to include translation of 3D training packages.
- We are also expanding to offer a larger number of language pairs.
Have you ever had that moment when you press ‘send’ or ‘print’ and realise with horror that autocorrect, spellcheck, or google translate has let you down?
Pennant are in the business of publishing high quality technical documents and want our work to showcase high level skills and professionalism. Our clients are buying the peace of mind that they will not be caught out with silly spelling and grammar mistakes, or clumsy or misleading text.
We offer a service to proofread your documents at 3 levels of thoroughness as follows:
- A full copywriting and proofreading service: Pennant can read and revise a text or even write a text based on your instructions which is ready to appeal to the correct audience and is delivered proofread for spelling, grammar, punctuation and consistency.
- Editing and proofreading: We can read and edit your work and offer alternatives based on your requirements as well as proofread for spelling, grammar, punctuation and consistency.
- A lighter touch proofread service: the professional approach is to always have a third party read through for spelling, punctuation, grammar and consistency before final publication.