OmegaPS – From Acquisition to Support
OmegaPS has evolved to meet the needs of in-service support. During in-service, things change; operational profiles, performance requirements, unexpected failures, availability of material, training, trades, all of which can influence the support solution. Traditionally ILS responsibilities in-service becomes spread amongst multiple agencies each managing their piece of the puzzle in their own way, with their own tools. Maintaining a coercive support baseline is a key element in ensuring changes are managed in an integrated fashion.
The following are key enabling capabilities or modules which assist large organizations in the management of the support baseline;
- Controlled physical breakdown structure – Maintaining the material baseline of a product is a first step to ensuring configurations are well understood. OmegaPS has embedded features that ensure that an assembly parts definition remains the same where ever it is used. With the combination of UOC and ALC it is possible to identify and approve variants in a controlled fashion.
- Integrated Material Management – A key to ensuring both safety and performance is to integrate NATO cataloging information with OmegaPS. This site specific integration allows for the NSN and valid alternates to be part of the support baseline.
- Effectiveness Reviews – Drawing actual data from maintenance management and comparing that to expected performance data held in OmegaPS allows system authorities to address poor performance in a reasonable time frame.
- Change Management Module – This module tracks all changes to the OmegaPS baseline and allows reporting by data element and user. Change packages are released based on user defined Engineering Change identifiers and are used to update transactional systems (material and maintenance management).
- Canadian Provisioning Module – This module enables Canadian required data elements for provisioning, tracks changes to NSN related part numbers and provides data files for NSN requests.
- Fit Definition Module – This module integrates key data attribution required to enable the creation and change management of Master Data in the SAP ERP solution. This is an essential integration point for in-service support by ensuring that the SAP objects reflect the latest approved baseline.
- Canadian Forces Technical Publications Module – This module creates and tracks changes for key in-service technical publications. For projects that do not use S1000d this is the best choice for ensuring the Technical Publications remain synchronized with the supportability baseline.
- Point of Maintenance Module – This module enables a consolidated central view of a complex asset by gathering all EIACs related by UOC. It functions as a key view for the Technical Publications as well as providing an interactive Illustrated Parts capability. This module has also been designed to be deployed on a mobile device ensuring technicians have up to data information on publications and parts.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance Editor Module – This module enhances the RCM capability core in GEIA-STD-0007 and MIL-STD-1388, by allowing the user to define a specific RCM logic and use that logic to record the results of the RCM analysis.
- Functional Reliability Centered Maintenance Module – This module allows for a top down functional RCM analysis deriving when and where maintenance should be conducted. This is a key tool for evaluating an existing maintenance plan.
- Data Query Tool – This module provides a built-in ad hoc report generator which can be used as a QA tool or for providing interim reports to clients.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS?