Why use a Common Source Database for producing content?
Using a Content Management System, like the R4i CSDB, is essential when working with complex technical documentation that has a huge mass of data elements, links and versions.
The R4i CSDB enables users to carefully handle and control information, particularly in an environment where there is usually more than one person involved in the development of content (such as technical authors, illustrators, subject matter experts and publication managers).
Users gain a wealth of benefits from using the R4i CSDB, including having information that is able to:
- comply with industry specifications (eg ASD S1000D, ATA spec 2100 and ATA ispec 2200, 5629B, MILSPEC and MIL-STD’s)
- be re-used across multiple platforms or projects;
- be consistent and up-to-date, out in the field;
- be delivered to multiple devices or formats, including paper, web, CD, and in-vehicle.
Four powerful tools
The four key tools included with the R4i CSDB Server are:
- R4i Data Module Manager – A tool that allows you to quickly create data modules from your DMRL. An outstanding feature of this software is the ability to upload your excel DMRL list into the software instead of entering everything manually. R4i DMM also allows you to generate your required DML, DMRL and CSL reports
- R4i Fault Code Manager – for recording fault information about the equipment or system, that can be accessed within an electronic publication when using the R4i Viewer
- R4i Common Specification Manager – for creating common or parts information about the equipment or system, that can be referenced and updated across many Data Modules
- R4i Viewer – a royalty-free viewer providing a dynamic interactive multimedia experience, for your Interactive Electronic Technical Publications.
Easy to install
Our customers tell us that other CSDBs are difficult or time-consuming to install and configure. But that’s not the case with R4i CSDB. The Common Source Database in S1000D can look scary and complicated, but it does not need to be. Today we will be Installing an R4i S1000D Common Source Database (CSDB) fully configured for publishing IETM and PDF, in under 5 minutes.
Easy to use – Our customers say
As is the pattern for R4i software, the user interface is excellent and easy to use, with everything integrated into the CSDB.
R4i CSDB Client with Integrated Task Management
The R4i CSDB Server, via the R4i CSDB Client software, controls the versioning, publishing and management of technical data illustrations and maintenance and project data. The R4i CSDB Client is the easy to use interface for all CSDB Management. This includes job task and the generation of released content. Using the optional Media Generator module, a Data Delivery (DDN) package, HTML IETM for touch devices or IETM Package for the free R4i Viewer can all be created in minutes.
Media Generator – Licensed module
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS?