S1000D is a standard specification for technical publications. It is used extensively in the aerospace and defence industries because it offers:
- Consistency – S1000D provides clear and standardised rules and guidelines for creating technical publications.
- Reusability – Content is broken down into Data Modules that can be reused across different technical publications, platforms and products.
- Cost savings – By promoting a structured and modular approach, organisations can save money by reducing the time and resources required to create technical publications.
- Flexibility – S1000D content is created in XML, making it adaptable for different delivery platforms and customer requirements.
- Interoperability – Using S1000D ensures that documentation can be easily exchanged and integrated between different systems, improving communication and collaboration between organisations.
Pennant has extensive experience in designing and generating S1000D technical publications for a variety of customers and products, including the conversion of legacy content. Using the Pennant R4i suite of software products, S1000D-compliant technical publications can be produced to any version of the specification.
Producing technical publications in accordance with the appropriate standards and specifications is vital to the success of a project. In addition to working to industry standards such as S1000D and iSpec2200, Pennant have successfully produced technical publications in accordance with customer specifications.
- Maintenance manuals for several Stadler Rail projects
- Operations manuals, maintenance manuals and Illustrated Parts Catalogues for Kawasaki Rail Car to New York City Transit specifications
- Operations manuals and maintenance manuals for Kawasaki Heavy Industries to their specifications for a Taiwan Electric Multiple Unit
Simplified Technical English
Simplified English is a type of English that is written so that it is easy for persons of all English levels to know. It is frequently used in technical publications, user manuals, and other materials that must be clear and short. It is related to industry standards and specifications, such as S1000D and iSpec2200. Simplified English gives:
- Clear text: Simplified English is written so that it is easy to follow. This makes it good for materials that need to be quickly and easily known, such as user manuals and safety instructions.
- Decreased translation work: Simplified English is easier to translate, which uses less time.
- Better customer satisfaction: Products and services that come with clear technical publications help customers.
- Increased sales: Clear and short technical publications can help to increase sales because they make it easier for customers to use your products.
- Increased reputation: High-quality technical publications can help to get new customers.
Pennant’s technical publications department has done many technical publications in Simplified English, applicable to the industry standard ASD-STE100, used in military, aerospace and rail.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR SPECIFICATION SERVICES?