Safety-critical industries are where the failure of processes and systems can result in significant harm. These industries prioritise safety as a concern and apply strict regulations and standards to reduce risks.
Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) or Integrated Product Support (IPS) is built on the fundamentals of several elements. Depending on who you speak with, some will say about the 10 Elements of ILS, whereas others will talk about the 12 elements of IPS. These elements include:
- Design Interface (IPS)
- Sustaining Engineering (ILS / IPS)
- Supply Support (ILS / IPS)
- Maintenance Planning and Management (ILS / IPS)
- Technical Data (ILS / IPS)
- Support Equipment (ILS / IPS)
- Training and Training Support (ILS / IPS)
- Manpower and Personnel (ILS / IPS)
- Facilities and Infrastructure (ILS / IPS)
- Computer Resources (ILS / IPS)
- Product Support Management (IPS)
With all these elements in support of systems engineering, a level of Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) will occur to provide answers to the questions that make up the elements. Many engineering organisations have a Logistics Support Analysis Records (LSAR) or LSA database solution. Within the LSA solution, engineers will develop the breakdown of the asset, which will then become the definition of that item.
Through the Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) in the LSAR, Engineering organisations can begin defining how to support the product. The LSA on the identified PBS also begins to assist in defining how an organisation provides support for the elements of ILS / IPS.
A crucial stage in the lifecycle is the Training and Training Support element. With our long history in producing technical training devices Pennant has bespoke engineering capabilities to develop procedural trainers, virtual maintenance trainers, modular systems, hand skills trainers and part task trainers, to fulfil customer needs.
DEFENCE – ASD S1000D AND MIL-STD
Defence Departments and their Operating Equipment Manufacturers rely on accurate data to design, build and manage their mission-critical assets. Whether you’re producing Defence-compliant ASD S1000D technical documentation, Military Standard (MIL-STD) technical manuals or developing maintenance schedules, up-to-date information is critical.
With such data forming the foundation of any Defence organisation, government departments and
Defence companies are realising the importance of intelligent, integrated content systems, which reuse and leverage data – saving vast amounts of time and money.
Pennant’s wide range of Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) and S1000D software products offers Defence and aerospace organisations a powerful combination of ASD S1000D, S3000L, GEAI-0007, ATA iSpec 2200, and MIL-STD compliant software, including Logistical Support Analysis Record (LSAR) (Gens and OmegaPS), Common Source DataBase (R4i CSDB Server®), XML Authoring (R4i Writer), Print Publishing (R4i Binder) and royalty-free Interactive Electronic Technical Publication (IETP) Viewers (R4i Viewer® and R4i MobieTP). All the tools you need to improve efficiency and know the ‘known state’ of your assets or products at any time.
BENEFITS OF USING R4I S1000D PRODUCT SUITE
• Genuine continuous improvement and resourcing efficiency.
• Fewer out-of-date paper documents in the field.
• Multiple format types – paper, PDF, web, CD, in-vehicle.
• Consistency and accuracy across all information.
• Reduced duplication between engineering, manufacturing and maintenance teams.
• Increased speed to market for new products.
• Reduced risk management, knowing the ‘known state’ of any asset.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR WORK WITHIN THE OTHER INDUSTRIES?